Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Faith not Fear

This struck me tonight...I have heard it before and I have even said it before!!  But tonight as I prepare for the second and biggest portion of this journey I began back in November, I find it of great comfort.

50 Inspirational Quotes to Live By in Daily Life | http://blog.piktureplanet.com/inspirational-quotes-to-live-by-in-daily-life/:

This next step is a big and scary one for me.  It is the next natural step and a step that will make me "whole" again (no more expanders, hurray) but it will require a patience and calmness with my self that I have never known or needed to know.

I am "prepared" in all of the temperal ways possible!  I have kids school clothes for days, I have lunches ready, bills paid...I have amazing people to hold down the fort while I am at the hospital and recovering.  I have found that it is harder to "prepare" for the emotional and mental parts of this process.  I spent the last few weeks trying to get prepared and what I finally have realized tonight is, I need to let my faith and trust in the Lord fill in the blank part!  

I head to bed tonight, being grateful for the knowledge that my Heavenly Father loves me and has provided a way for me to be here for my sweet family for as long as possible!!  

I also go to bed grateful that 8 years ago today I married the man of my dreams and he is such an amazing support!  I can not imagine my  life, let alone this whole process without him!!

I will update as I am able tomorrow after surgery!!

Surgery starts at 7 and should take about 8 hrs!!

Thank you for all of the support, thoughtful words and prayers!!

-E

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you girl. You are unbelievably strong and will be in my prayers. Xoxo

Unknown said...

I love you girl. You are unbelievably strong and will be in my prayers. Xoxo

Kevin and Tami Scott said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you today and the upcoming days/weeks as you recover. Thank you for your example of faith. Your words have helped me remember to rely on the Lord.

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

hugs and prayers and no Fonz loving doctors