Friday, October 16, 2015

We have only to ask!

2 weeks ago we had the opportunity to hear from LDS church leaders.  One of my favorite talks was from Dallin H. Oaks find talk here.  I found this quote so powerful.  "We have only to ask".  What a simple and powerful statement.  I think we so often forget that the Lord is positioned to provide us the support we need to continue to go on, we must just ask.  What a great reminder from a servant of the Lord.


The interesting part of this processes is that I feel like I have learned so much and still have so much to learn.  It is the hardest, most painful and beautiful think I have ever gone through.


There has been so much I have not been able to do.  I knew going into this that it would be hard, but the number of things that I still can not do is so large.  I am so grateful for my mom and Bob here helping with everything.  Not being able to pick up my babies is probably the hardest one and it will be at least 6 more weeks before I can pick Noah up!  I found this quote so insightful...so instead of focusing on what I can not do, I am trying to focus on what I can...what are the "things that matter most".  I have been trying to find ways to spend time with my babies and not think about what I can't do.  They have had so much fun outside these days...going on walks or just in our backyard.  I have been able to find new and inventive ways to spend time with them outside and watching them is my joy!  The purest and greatest joy!


Watching these little people reminds me that every single bit of this process is for them.  They are the reason I am going through this and the reason I know that everything is going to be okay!!

-E


No comments: