Saturday, November 22, 2014

Awareness

As I lay here, in my quiet house listening to my babies breath through monitors, I find myself overwhelmed with gratitude. 
I am grateful...
To be Home
For amazing doctors who are gentle and kind 
For wonderful children who want to "take care of me" so I can play with them 
For an amazing mother who spent a very long hard night in the hospital with me 
For a Mimi that is unendingly giving and present for my babies 
For a sweet, kind, wonderful husband who has taken on so many new roles in the last few days
For amazing friends and family who have been "here" for anything I need. 
I am overwhelmed with the love of my Heavenly Father and his awareness he has if me and my little family. 
It's amazing to me how much I have learned in the last 72 hrs that range from pain tolerance to the depth of unconditional love. 
So, I am home. Things went very well. Thank you all so much for your love, prayers and support!!
Quote is the day "friends don't let friends selfie while on heavy pain meds"...your welcome for the laugh!!

2 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

You cutie! So grateful you are surrounded by amazing ness

Jenn said...

Em, I just heard about your surgery. I am so glad it went well. My eyes are filled with tears as I think about your bravery and future. Good for you. You have always been a strong woman that makes things happen. Your babies are beautiful. I hope to see you again some time in the future.
xoxo
Jenn