Sunday, November 16, 2014

Mom's who work...

There has been lots of talk about "working" moms and "stay at home" moms.  I am sure that I am going to make people upset, but I would really like to say, we should really just call ourselves MOMs...
We all do the same thing...
- we love our kids
- we clean our homes
- we do laundry (LOTS of it)
- we provide for them
- we cook
- we plan meals
- we teach them
- we share with them
- we play with them
- we take care of everything that needs to be cared for
- we share with our children the love of our Heavenly Father

So, why do we have to define if we are the "working" or "stay at home" kind??  Why must it be about what working moms are not providing to their kids, or how they are "letting others raise their kids"...all things I have been told!

I love my children with every fiber of my being.  They are a part of me and no matter how much I work, or who is with them when I can not be, they are mine!

I choose AMAZING people to be with them so that when I am not able to be, they feel loved!!  

With all of the extreme conversation, I was getting really upset and feeling very judged.  I work full time and I have on occasion missed bedtimes or a wake up now and then.  I hate when I have to miss time with them.  The other night I was feeling particularly bad about time away from my kids, and Logan came in with this...


He knows I go to work and that I have a job...he knows Mickey is my boss and that I work at Disney.  So when I read this I was reminded...its not about being "home" with my kids...its about BEING for my kids!!  I am here!!  I am so blessed to have amazing children who remind me ALL the time that they know more then I do!!  I am so grateful for an amazing husband who is the best team mate I could ask for and for all of the support and love he provides this crazy "working" mom!!  So, for now, lets just refer to each other as moms...and let go of the extra classification that in essence makes the other feel lesser then she is!  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I did not realize you blog, I love blogs! Very great Post love you

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I totally forgot about this blog post! It was so good to read! I just love you! I have not felt judged by other just yet, but I am sure it will come haha